There are countless wonderful balcony- garden and terrace. Adhere to the "Golden Rules" for the care of your pot plant so that you may enjoy long!
- Observe the care instructions on the label supplied from the plant.
- Use well-permeable soil and water regularly. On hot days it can feel free 2x per day.
- Beware of frost!
- Avoid too much sun, drought, water in the pot.
- Remove dead flowers and prune the plants regularly to maintain optimal shape and flowering of the plant.
- Provide regular plant food for a pretty long flowering plant.
Container plants require intensive care. In the autumn before the frost begins the plants inside. In the spring, the beginning of May, the plants can go outside again. More information about winter can be found under 'winter' on this site. Repotting can do best in late April, add some clay to make is retained more moisture.
Overwinter container plants
After you enjoy you can make you the next year there can again enjoy a whole summer of your pot plant. This can be done by overwinter the pot plant on a frost-free place. These plants can not stand the frost.
It is important that the plant is frost-free. For example, this can be done in a cool place in the house at about 7 ° C. Give the plant moderately water so that it can not dry out the root ball.
It may be that the plant has dropped its leaves, as if it is dead, but this is not so! This is the rest period.
A plant with little or no leaf evaporated in this rest period, almost no more water. So please note that the plant also receives very little water!
From March you can put the plant slightly warmer and lighter and will soon appear new leaf buds.
Late April is possibly time to repot the pot plant. Add some clay to make a lot of fluid retention. If the plant is in a pot then make a hole in the bottom so that excess water can escape!